Tuesday 20 November 2012

Porcelain

I got given a free promo comic at Thought Bubble. Normally when anyone tries to hand me free shit I ignore it because it is normally exactly that, Free Shit! Thank god I did not do this for 'Porcelain - A Gothic Fairy Tale'. This is something a bit special. It is probably the best thing in comics I have read for a long time and I can't wait to get my hands on more. It is beautifully rendered and beautifully written. There is a wit and playfulness with the main character that is rare and the text and image marry perfectly. This is definitely a Gothic fairytale to keep an eye on and I will be buying it when it is available. The promo is on-line at Improper Books, so head over there and enjoy.


Definitely the best free thing I've ever been handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment